This quick and easy Chicken and Veggie Stir Fried Rice is perfect for busy week night dinners, or anytime you have "one of those days" and need to dinner on the table in a hurry that not only tastes delicious, but is healthy too!
- 2 Tablespoons cooking oil of choice
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups assorted veggies
- 4 cups brown rice
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Soy Sauce to taste
- Sesame Oil to taste
- Optional pine nuts and siracha to taste on top.
- 1Heat oil in a wok. If using raw chicken breasts, stir fry until cooked through then remove from pan and set aside. If using a Foreman or other grill, start cooking chicken now per manufacturers instructions.
- 2Add garlic and onion and cook until onion is translucent. Add assorted veggies (if using frozen, you may add them this way) and stir fry until lightly cooked.
- 3Add rice and mix rice and veggies together. Add cut up chicken. Push rice, chicken and veggies to side of wok and add beaten eggs. Cook eggs until done, then mix them in with veggies, rice and chicken.
- 4Season to taste with soy sauce or Tamari and sesame oil, and top off with pine nuts and siracha if desired.