With a striking balance of sweetness from raspberries, richness from ricotta and bitterness from cocoa powder, this cake will totally make you smile.
With a striking balance of sweetness from raspberries, richness from ricotta and bitterness from cocoa powder, this cake totally made my day. It was crumbly, soft, not overly sweet and perfect with a cup of tea or coffee.
- 225g (1-1/2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 75g (1/2 cup) cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 175ml (3/4 cup) oil
- 225g (1 cup) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 55g (1/2 cup) ricotta cheese
- 60ml (1/4 cup) milk
- 150g (1 cup) fresh raspberries
- 1Preheat oven to 180C.
- 2In a bowl, combine all the dry ingredients (flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt). In a separate bowl, whisk egg and sugar until they’re mixed together. Add oil, ricotta and milk and give another whisk. Empty the mixed dry ingredients to the wet ingredients bowl and whisk again. Finally, drop the fresh raspberries and using a spoon, mix it lightly.
- 3Pour the cake batter in a six-inch round baking pan and bake for about 40 minutes or until it’s baked through. Check by inserting a knife or tooth pick right in the center. If it comes out clean, the cake is ready.
- 4Enjoy and I hope you’re inspired!